Friday, June 22, 2007

The Alhambra is HUGE. You really can´t even imagine unless you go there. There are three main parts: the Alcazaba, the Palacio Nazaries, and the gardens. We were there for 4 hours, and it was awesome. The Palacio is bigger and more intricate artistically that the palace we saw in Marrakech, in a similar Islamic style with lots of script written into the walls and incredibly elaborate ceilings. The Alcazaba was the fortress part of the compound. I might mention here that this whole compound is on top of a huge hill. It´s so steep the people jogging up it were jogging slower than we walked, but man, that would put you in shape for life. The gardens are just what they sound like, but more beautiful that I expected. Parts had a playful Alice in Wonderland feel, with tall boxed hedge mazes and dozens of fountains. So without further adieu, here are the photos I promised: one of us crossing the Mediterranean, one of the waterfall at Ronda, one of the Alcazaba, on of me chilling on a turret overlooking the city, and one a garden fountain. Also good news, I think I´´ll be able to do my whole trip after all! I´m being very frugal and it´s paying off. Good thing photos are free because I already have hundreds... :-) Love to all of you!




No comments: